Coronavirus information and updates
Please refer to this page often for ongoing updates on service and event cancellations due to Coronavirus precautions.
Click here for Funeral and Shiva Policy during this time.
March 23, 2020
As many of you know, Beth Abraham has already cancelled and postponed services and events, as well as limited our operations. We continue to send abundant love, gratitude and blessings to each and every one of you.
On order of Governor DeWine, and out of caution for our staff, we will be closing the office through April 6th as directed. Please feel free to email Rabbi Ginsberg (email@example.com) or Cantor Raizen (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also leave a voicemail for them when you call the office. Rabbi’s extension is 118 and Cantor’s extension is 117. Please call or email the staff for other assistance (email@example.com). You can also leave a voicemail by phone and we will check regularly for messages. Though we are scaling back our on-site operations, we affirm once again that our unwavering connection to each other is among our greatest blessings at Beth Abraham. We are each of us, aravevim zeh la-zeh, deeply bound, one with the other.
While staying at home and physical distancing is an imperative at this time, Beth Abraham is trying its best to maintain social nearness. This includes keeping everyone informed of all that is happening at Beth Abraham.
I. Shabbat and Festival Services – Cancelled through the end of April
- All Shabbat services cancelled (Friday night and Saturday)
- All Passover services cancelled
- Sisterhood Shabbat has been postponed
- Ranon Ginsberg’s bar mitzvah celebration has been postponed
II. Daily Minyan – In person service cancelled through the end of April
- Beginning Tuesday March 24th at 6:45 pm, we will have a virtual online “minyan” for Mincha and Maariv services Monday through Thursday. See here for details. We will recite the yahrzeit list after Mincha and Maariv services.
III. MiSheberach L’Cholim – Prayer for the ILL
- Please call (937-293-9520) or email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to add any new names to our MiSheberach list
- Rabbi will recite this MiSheberach prayer weekly
IV. Office Hours
- The office is closed at the present time and we will be working remotely
- All in person meetings are cancelled
V. Pastoral Care
- All in person visitations or meetings have been suspended, except in case of emergency
- Please feel free to email Rabbi Ginsberg (email@example.com) or Cantor Raizen (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also leave a voicemail for them when you call the office. Rabbi’s extension is 118 and Cantor’s extension is 117.
- Please call or email the staff for other assistance (email@example.com). You can also leave a voicemail by phone and we will check regularly for messages.
- Please contact us if you are in need of food, but don’t wish to visit the grocery store
- Rabbi Ginsberg, Cantor Raizen, staff, and members of our Chesed team will be reaching out regularly during this time
VI. Information and Teachings
- Please regularly check this page for the latest information
- Check out “Rabbi’s Reflections” on the website for regular reflections and Rabbi Ginsberg’s weekly Dvar Torah (Sermon).
- Please visit and “Like” our Facebook page
Other types of teaching and classes are currently being explored. In the meantime we will post on the website the weekly “Torah Sparks” published by the Conservative Yeshiva of Jerusalem. Please check out their website for other online learning opportunities: conservativeyeshiva.org/learn
VII. GOAL! Religious School
- Cantor Raizen is in direct contact with families to provide educational opportunities
VIII. Passover Meals
- Bernstein’s Fine Catering is providing Passover meals. Deadline for ordering is April 3rd
- The Passover Menu may be found here. Please speak directly to Bernstein’s (937-898-2761) for all kashrut and dietary questions
IX. Men’s Club Deli Dinner Postponed but RAFFLE IS STILL ON
- Please mail your raffle tickets to be received no later than March 27th
- We are unable to publish our April Bulletin, but have included information on the Bulletins page (under the Welcome tab) that may be of interest. We hope to be able to post the monthly Donations and Yahrzeits there soon.
- Rabbi’s Bulletin article for this month can be accessed on the “Rabbi’s Reflections” page.
3/18/2020 – All services and programming canceled until further notice.
3/16/2020 – Click here for Funeral and Shiva Policy during this time.
3/16/2020 – All worship services are canceled. All events are canceled or postponed until further notice.
In compliance with CDC recommendations, the following events have been canceled/postponed:
- Ruth & Fred Scheuer Storytelling weekend – March 20 – 22 (postponed)
- Friday Nite Kids Shabbat – March 27 (canceled)
- Men’s Club Deli Dinner – March 29 (postponed – raffle drawing will take place and winners notified – please send in your raffle tickets!)
- Second Seder – April 9 (canceled)
- Women of Valor – May 6 (postponed)
3/12/2020 – Letter to the Congregation 3/12/20 – click for a letter from Rabbi Ginsberg and President Mike Freed